Convert Byte Array to string

Prachi

I want to convert the binary data to string.
I tried doing the same using following peace of code

Function SimpleBinaryToString(Binary)
Dim I, S
For I = 1 To LenB(Binary)
S = S & Chr(AscB(MidB(Binary, I, 1)))
Next
SimpleBinaryToString = S
End Function

It works fine when the data is English.
But when the binary data contains some Japanese characters the
resultant string gets corrupted.
Can someone help.
Thanks in advance.

Evertjan.

Prachi wrote on 04 nov 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I want to convert the binary data to string.
I tried doing the same using following peace of code

Function SimpleBinaryToString(Binary)
Dim I, S
For I = 1 To LenB(Binary)
S = S & Chr(AscB(MidB(Binary, I, 1)))
Next
SimpleBinaryToString = S
End Function

It works fine when the data is English.
But when the binary data contains some Japanese characters the
resultant string gets corrupted.

I do not think there is such a thing as a Japanese character in a binary
string.

Is there a Japanese equivalent to 8bit(!) ascii ?

Prachi R

Japanese characters are mostly double byte characters.
The ASCII code of all these characters is generally greater than 255

Evertjan.

Wrote ..

Prachi R wrote on 05 nov 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Japanese characters are mostly double byte characters.
The ASCII code of all these characters is generally greater than 255

So they do not exist in a byte string.