    customer data with GPS...

    thk in advance.

    , Nov 4, 2003

  2. Jim Gibson Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I search algorithme to convert XY into Latitude/longitude to use
    > customer data with GPS...
    >
    > thk in advance.

    I don't know of a perl implementation, but there are Fortran routines
    available at:

    ftp://www.ngs.noaa.gov/pub/pcsoft/for_inv.3d/source/

    You are interested in the forward routine, which calculates the
    latitude and longitude of a point that is a certain bearing and
    distance from another latitude and longitude. The inverse routine
    calculates the range and bearing between two lat,lon points.

    One of these days I am going to convert these routines into perl, but I
    haven't done it yet.

    You can also search for algorithms implementing "geodesic distance" or
    "geodetic inverse problem", or "Modified Rainsford's Method", but be
    aware that one C++ implementation I found on the web (can't remember
    which one now, sorry) had a bug in it.

    FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. You should try comp.lang.perl.misc in
    the future for better response.

    Jim Gibson, Nov 4, 2003