Convert currency formated string back into decimal

Guest

A aspx page Label.Text contains formated currency ("0:C"). To process this
data with the submit button click it needs to be converted to a decimal.

For example:
string strCur = "$111.11"; // Label.Text;
strCur.Remove(0,1);
decimal dtotal = decimal.Parse(strCur);

Produces Server Error:
Exception Details: System.FormatException: Input string not in correct format.

I can not seem to find the solution with the help index or the forum posts.

Please help,

Martin Honnen

Greg said:
string strCur = "$111.11"; // Label.Text;
strCur.Remove(0,1);

You need
strCur = strCur.Remove(0,1);
as strings are immutable so calling Remove on strCur returns a new
string, it does not change the old one.