    temporary files.. otherwise I could write the data memory into a file
    and read it back as a FileStream.

    Any ideas?
    benn, Apr 10, 2010

  2. benn

    Ian Collins Guest

    On 04/10/10 12:08 PM, benn wrote:
    > I have working routines that utilize StreamReader (FileStream) but
    > they operate on a file that is opened. My data is generated during
    > execution and I don't have write access on the drive to to write any
    > temporary files.. otherwise I could write the data memory into a file
    > and read it back as a FileStream.

    What's a FileStream?

    --
    Ian Collins
    Ian Collins, Apr 10, 2010

  3. benn

    Jonathan Lee Guest

    On Apr 9, 8:08 pm, benn <> wrote:
    > I have working routines that utilize StreamReader (FileStream) but
    > they operate on a file that is opened.    My data is generated during
    > execution and I don't have write access on the drive to to write any
    > temporary files.. otherwise I could write the data memory into a file
    > and read it back as a FileStream.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    You might want to ask in a newsgroup that works with .NET
    stuff. This newsgroup discusses C++ language problems; you
    have a library problem.

    BUT... if I understand you correctly you want to do stream
    manipulations in memory. The closest thing in the standard
    library is stringstream. Perhaps you can adapt your routines
    for that class?

    --Jonathan
    Jonathan Lee, Apr 10, 2010