    a MS Excel file?
    Thanks,
    Nico

    Nico Schuyt, Jul 19, 2003

  2. Nico Schuyt

    kayodeok Guest

    "Nico Schuyt" <> wrote in
    news:3f18b96c$1$28893$:

    > Has anyone a good advice for a tool that creates a (clean) HTML table
    > out of a MS Excel file?

    This tool was mentioned recently over at CIWAH:

    XLS to HTML:
    http://www.finertechnologies.com/index-xls2html.html

    I don't know how good it is though...

    --
    Kayode Okeyode

    kayodeok, Jul 19, 2003

  3. Nico Schuyt

    Sid Ismail Guest

    Sid Ismail, Jul 19, 2003
  4. Nico Schuyt

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Nico Schuyt wrote:
    > Has anyone a good advice for a tool that creates a (clean) HTML table
    > out of a MS Excel file?

    OK. Thanks all for the advices!
    I think I built somthing myself in PHP/MySQL. Shouldn't be too difficult:
    Create a temp table with field1, field2, ...., field n
    Import the Excelfile as CSV
    Sort on specific fields
    Create the rows and cells while reading the records one by one
    Regards,
    Nico

    Nico Schuyt, Jul 19, 2003
  5. In article <>,
    says...
    > On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 05:20:20 +0200, "Nico Schuyt" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > : Has anyone a good advice for a tool that creates a (clean) HTML table out of
    > : a MS Excel file?
    >

    > Save the Excel sheet in tab-delimited txt format, then use
    > http://www.jafsoft.com/doco/a2tdoco.html?help&p=AscToTab

    Or save as html and use detagger from the same jafsoft site to strip out
    the rubbish.

    Jacqui or (maybe) Pete, Jul 19, 2003
  6. Nico Schuyt

    Leslie Guest

    On 19 Jul 2003 07:29:20 GMT, kayodeok <>
    wrote:

    >"Nico Schuyt" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Has anyone a good advice for a tool that creates a (clean) HTML table
    >> out of a MS Excel file?

    >This tool was mentioned recently over at CIWAH:
    >
    >XLS to HTML:
    >http://www.finertechnologies.com/index-xls2html.html
    >
    >I don't know how good it is though...

    xls2html is very good. The resulting html is extremely clean and it's
    quick and easy to use.

    It was a life saver for me when I had to take an Excel spreadsheet
    with over 700 entries (names, addresses, phone #s, email addresses)
    and extract only the names and emails for a web page. Worked like a
    charm!

    I highly recommend xls2html.

    Leslie
    Leslie's Audio Trivia