convert frames from mpeg to array

Discussion in 'Python' started by seb, Jan 3, 2007.

  1. seb

    seb Guest

    Hi, I need to convert each frame from a movie (mpeg for example) to an
    array (in order to do some computation) and then back to a video
    format mpeg for example. Do you know of any tools ?

    The equipment :
    ------------------------
    I got myself an IP axis camera with wich I am playing to trying to do
    some shape recognition.
    My PC is running winXP SP2.

    The plan is :
    ------------------
    1) to manage to record the movies to my hard disk (in mpeg format for
    example)
    2) to analyse the films in order to tests various algorythms /
    computation
    3) to generate the transformed frame back to mpeg (or any format).

    What is already done is :
    -------------------------------------
    1) record to hard disk is easily donne using vlc for example
    vlc "http://192.168.0.90/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?fps=30&nbrofframes=0"
    --sout file/ts:test.mpg

    The problem is point 2
    ---------------------------------
    I have tried to use pygame (on winXP) but it seems that it does not
    suppport movies.
    Pycar does not run on my PC.
    I have looked for some other tools but without any success.
    There is possibily a python binding to vlc but I am not sure of what
    can be done with it.

    I thank you in advance for taking the time to read this mail.

    Best regards.
    Seb.
    seb, Jan 3, 2007