    my preference, but if you know of another way to do this
    programatically I would also be interested. Thanks.

    -Ruben

    R.Marquez, Apr 16, 2004

  2. "R.Marquez" wrote:

    > Does any one know of a way to convert PDF documents into a raster
    > format, such as TIFF or JPEG? Of course to do it in Python would be
    > my preference, but if you know of another way to do this
    > programatically I would also be interested. Thanks.

    did you try ghostscript?

    http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/
    http://www.ghostscript.com

    </F>

    Fredrik Lundh, Apr 16, 2004

  3. R.Marquez

    Kyler Laird Guest

    (R.Marquez) writes:

    >Does any one know of a way to convert PDF documents into a raster
    >format, such as TIFF or JPEG? Of course to do it in Python would be
    >my preference, but if you know of another way to do this
    >programatically I would also be interested. Thanks.

    I'm all for Pythonic solutions but from my experience your best bet
    is to just use Ghostscript. It's easy to call it from Python.

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Apr 16, 2004
  4. On Sat, 16 Apr 2004, R.Marquez wrote:

    > Does any one know of a way to convert PDF documents into a raster
    > format, such as TIFF or JPEG? Of course to do it in Python would be
    > my preference, but if you know of another way to do this
    > programatically I would also be interested. Thanks.

    Ghostscript?

    If it can, on some platforms GS is built as a DLL or shared object, with a
    defined API. The ctypes module might be able to let you drive this;
    failing that, os.system() would work.

    --
    Andrew I MacIntyre "These thoughts are mine alone..."
    E-mail: (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370

    Andrew MacIntyre, Apr 17, 2004