    replaced using the Visual Studio Designer.

    Thanks for any input,
    Frank

    Frank, Feb 27, 2007

  2. Frank

    darrel Guest

    > Just wondering how much pain is involved in taking an existing website
    > created with Dreamweaver (mostly just plain HTML + some javascript) then
    > converting each page to ASP.NET with Code-Behind for each page?

    If it's just HTML, there there is no code to put into codebehind.

    If it's just HTML, there really is no reason to 'convert' it to anything
    else, as it's just HTML.

    > The website is a mockup in plain HTML so there is no database hooked up
    > yet.
    > I'm assuming plain HTML elements like input text boxes can easily be
    > replaced using the Visual Studio Designer.

    What, ultimately, are you trying to accomplish with this 'conversion'?

    -Darrel

    darrel, Feb 28, 2007

  3. Frank

    Scott M. Guest

    If they are just client-side, static .html files, then there isn't anything
    to convert. You are better off just making asp.net pages as you need them.

    Scott M., Apr 22, 2007