Convert.FromBase64String from JScript on Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Andy, Nov 20, 2006.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Hi, I have a MS Word binary data file that is sent from my .NET
    webservice in response to an XMLHTTP request from an Internet Explorer
    client. This data has to be base64 encoded to tunnel through a
    firewall.

    I've used the .NET Convert.ToBase64String() method to encode the
    data. I understand that the Convert.FromBase64String only runs on the
    server. How can I decode the data using jscript that's running on
    the browser?

    I've tried several RFC based algorithms written in JScript that seem
    to only decode the text portions of the data. They seem to fail
    decoding the binary parts of the file. When I open the file in Word,
    the file conversion wizard pops up, although when I scroll through the
    file all the text portions of it seem to be intact.

    Does anyone know the algorithm used by
    Convert.ToBase64String/Convert.FromBase64String so that I can emulate
    the decoding it uses on the internet explorer side?

    Andy
    Andy, Nov 20, 2006