    MS-Excel?

    Thanks & Regards,
    Keerthi Venkateswara Rao

    Keerthivrao, Nov 17, 2005

  2. Keerthivrao

    Peroli Guest

    hi

    Keerthivrao wrote:
    > Hai,
    >
    > I would like to convert my HTML files into PDF , MS-WORD and MS-EXCEL.
    > I tried converting HTML to PDF using HTML:HTMLDOC. But I was unable to
    > succeed.
    > Can anyone of you throw some light.
    >
    > (OS - Windows)
    >
    > Which module will be the appropriate one for converting HTML to pdf?

    Try this
    http://search.cpan.org/author/EVANZS/PDF-CreateSimple1-0-2-1/lib/PDF/CreateSimple.pm
    for pdf

    > Which module will be the appropriate one for converting HTML to
    > MS-Word?
    > Which module will be the appropriate one for converting HTML to
    > MS-Excel?
    >
    > Thanks & Regards,
    > Keerthi Venkateswara Rao

    - Peroli Sivaprakasam

    Peroli, Nov 17, 2005

  3. Keerthivrao

    Ian Wilson Guest

    Keerthivrao wrote:
    > Hai,
    >
    > I would like to convert my HTML files into PDF , MS-WORD and MS-EXCEL.
    > I tried converting HTML to PDF using HTML:HTMLDOC. But I was unable to
    > succeed.
    > Can anyone of you throw some light.

    If I were you I'd post the perl code, simplified to the shortest example
    that exhibits the problems, cut&paste it's output into the posting and
    explain how that differs from what you wanted.

    > (OS - Windows)

    http://search.cpan.org/modlist/Microsoft_Windows
    You can automate Word or Excel if needed.
    e.g. using Win32::OLE

    > Which module will be the appropriate one for converting HTML to pdf?

    http://search.cpan.org/
    I'd search CPAN for HTML and then for PDF

    > Which module will be the appropriate one for converting HTML to
    > MS-Word?

    I'd search CPAN for RTF

    > Which module will be the appropriate one for converting HTML to
    > MS-Excel?

    I'd search CPAN for CSV

    > Thanks & Regards,
    > Keerthi Venkateswara Rao

    Don't forget to browse through these ...
    http://groups.google.com/googlegroups/posting_style.html

    Ian Wilson, Nov 17, 2005
  4. "Keerthivrao" <> wrote in news:1132207565.098927.12310
    @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

    > Which module will be the appropriate one for converting HTML to
    > MS-Word?
    > Which module will be the appropriate one for converting HTML to
    > MS-Excel?

    Why would you want to do that? Word and Excel can open HTML files.

    Sinan

    A. Sinan Unur, Nov 17, 2005
  5. Keerthivrao

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "Keerthivrao" <> wrote in message
    > Hai,
    >
    > I would like to convert my HTML files into PDF , MS-WORD and MS-EXCEL.
    > I tried converting HTML to PDF using HTML:HTMLDOC. But I was unable to
    > succeed.
    > Can anyone of you throw some light.

    It was many, many moons ago that I had to generate PDFs from html (in other
    words, there are probably better options now), but I found at the time that
    I got the best results on Win2k by writing a script that just glued together
    html2ps.pl and Ghostscript's ps2pdf command.

    Matt

    Matt Garrish, Nov 17, 2005