Convert HTML 2 PDF MS-WORD MS-EXCEL

Keerthivrao

Hai,

I would like to convert my HTML files into PDF , MS-WORD and MS-EXCEL.
I tried converting HTML to PDF using HTML:HTMLDOC. But I was unable to
succeed.
Can anyone of you throw some light.

(OS - Windows)

Which module will be the appropriate one for converting HTML to pdf?
Which module will be the appropriate one for converting HTML to
MS-Word?
Which module will be the appropriate one for converting HTML to
MS-Excel?

Thanks & Regards,
Keerthi Venkateswara Rao

Peroli

hi
Hai,

I would like to convert my HTML files into PDF , MS-WORD and MS-EXCEL.
I tried converting HTML to PDF using HTML:HTMLDOC. But I was unable to
succeed.
Can anyone of you throw some light.

(OS - Windows)

Which module will be the appropriate one for converting HTML to pdf?

Try this
http://search.cpan.org/author/EVANZS/PDF-CreateSimple1-0-2-1/lib/PDF/CreateSimple.pm
for pdf
Which module will be the appropriate one for converting HTML to
MS-Word?
Which module will be the appropriate one for converting HTML to
MS-Excel?

Thanks & Regards,
Keerthi Venkateswara Rao

- Peroli Sivaprakasam

Ian Wilson

Keerthivrao said:
Hai,

I would like to convert my HTML files into PDF , MS-WORD and MS-EXCEL.
I tried converting HTML to PDF using HTML:HTMLDOC. But I was unable to
succeed.
Can anyone of you throw some light.

If I were you I'd post the perl code, simplified to the shortest example
that exhibits the problems, cut&paste it's output into the posting and
explain how that differs from what you wanted.
(OS - Windows)

http://search.cpan.org/modlist/Microsoft_Windows
You can automate Word or Excel if needed.
e.g. using Win32::OLE
Which module will be the appropriate one for converting HTML to pdf?

http://search.cpan.org/
I'd search CPAN for HTML and then for PDF
Which module will be the appropriate one for converting HTML to
MS-Word?

I'd search CPAN for RTF
Which module will be the appropriate one for converting HTML to
MS-Excel?

I'd search CPAN for CSV
Thanks & Regards,
Keerthi Venkateswara Rao

Don't forget to browse through these ...
http://groups.google.com/googlegroups/posting_style.html

A. Sinan Unur

Which module will be the appropriate one for converting HTML to
MS-Word?
Which module will be the appropriate one for converting HTML to
MS-Excel?

Why would you want to do that? Word and Excel can open HTML files.

Sinan

Matt Garrish

Keerthivrao said:
Hai,

I would like to convert my HTML files into PDF , MS-WORD and MS-EXCEL.
I tried converting HTML to PDF using HTML:HTMLDOC. But I was unable to
succeed.
Can anyone of you throw some light.

It was many, many moons ago that I had to generate PDFs from html (in other
words, there are probably better options now), but I found at the time that
I got the best results on Win2k by writing a script that just glued together
html2ps.pl and Ghostscript's ps2pdf command.

Matt