    which we can't use for our purpose.

    Many thanks

    Al

    Al Wichert, Jul 18, 2005

  2. Al Wichert

    Joan Guest

    "Al Wichert" <> wrote in message
    news:dbgp9b$kfa$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > We have a web application where users are able to enter html via

    FCKeditor.
    > Now there is the request to create rtf reports instead of pdf.
    > The advantage of having rtf reports is that they can be modified in Word
    > after creating by the users.
    > I wonder if anyone can give me a hint where I could find a Java Api
    > which I can integrate in my middleware to transform html into rtf.
    > Via google I could not find anything but standalone exe applications,
    > which we can't use for our purpose.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Al

    MS word can read / render html.

    Joan, Jul 18, 2005

  3. Al Wichert

    Al Wichert Guest

    > MS word can read / render html.

    Yes, you're right.
    Unfortunately not all of the users who should modify those reports are
    familiar with html formats, so they want to have it in rtf, which is a
    format that is more similiar to Word's doc format.

    Al

    Al Wichert, Jul 18, 2005
  4. Al Wichert

    Joan Guest

    "Al Wichert" <> wrote in message
    > > MS word can read / render html.

    > Yes, you're right.
    > Unfortunately not all of the users who should modify those reports are
    > familiar with html formats, so they want to have it in rtf, which is a
    > format that is more similiar to Word's doc format.

    I don't get it, you can do
    winword <filename>.html
    just as easy as
    winword <filename>.rtf

    Joan, Jul 19, 2005
  5. Al Wichert

    Al Wichert Guest

    > I don't get it, you can do
    > winword <filename>.html
    > just as easy as
    > winword <filename>.rtf

    We use Inetsoft's Stylereport for creating reports.
    Mostly for reports in PDF or CSV (Excel) format.
    The new Report i mentioned should contains many information e.g. charts,
    tables,etc. Exception is a comment field where the user
    can enter or paste something (e.g copied Word document).
    We try to generate the report with Stylereport, but
    we now have the problem to transform the content of this one field
    into RTF. That's why I'm asking for an api.

    The other way round would mean to create this single report
    in XML. OK if we can't find an api this might be the way we need to go.
    But there could be the chance someone had a similiar issue.....

    Al Wichert, Jul 19, 2005