convert html to web controls so I can loop through them on the code behind..

Hazzard

I have been unfortunately hacking away with various editors in designing a
form. (i had some unpredictable behavior with the vs.net editor and instead
of solving that, I took another approach)

Now I want to loop through controls and I'm afraid that my html controls are
not going to get me there.

here is a sample of the controls from the aspx.vb file;
Protected WithEvents DropDownList_State As
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList

Protected WithEvents Label12 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label

Protected WithEvents TextBox2 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox

Protected WithEvents Label9 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label

Protected WithEvents Menu1 As skmMenu.Menu

Protected WithEvents Submit1 As System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputButton

Protected WithEvents TEXTAREA1 As System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTextArea

Protected WithEvents txtLastName As System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputText

Protected WithEvents txtCompany As System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputText

Protected WithEvents txtPhone As System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputText

with a sample of what is on the .axp page itself;

<TD><input id=txtLastName type=text
maxLength=40 size=25 name=lname
runat="server"></TD></TR>
<b>*</FONT>&nbsp;</B></TD>
<TD><input id=txtContactTitle type=text
maxLength=30 size=25 name=title
runat="server"></TD></TR>

what do I have to change so that I can loop through the controls at runtime
and determine the type of control (id or name?) as well as the control
value?

Thank you,

Greg

Kevin Yu [MSFT]

Hi Hazzard,

We have reviewed this issue and are currently researching on it. We will
update you ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

Hazzard

Thank you Kevin. I have reposted a more concise and to the point question in
the the general aspnet newsgroup. -Greg

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi Greg,

Yes, I have viewed your new posted issue in Asp.net group, I have added a
reply to you there, please follow up. I will work with you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support