    Is there any way to convery that image file into a text file?

    Thanks!
    , Mar 23, 2006

  2. wrote in news:1143142762.075115.82820
    @e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

    > I have an image that displays alpha-numeric characters used as a
    > securiy code......as your would see while signing for a e-mail IDs, the
    > image code...
    >
    > I want to convert the image into a text and have my script put it in
    > the required field
    >
    > Is there any way to convery that image file into a text file?

    I assume the site owner has put that mechanism in place for a purpose. I
    cannot think of a legitimate reason to help you circumvent it.

    If there is a usability issue, say, for a handicapped user, I would
    recommend contacting the site's webmaster for help.

    Sinan
    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>

    A. Sinan Unur, Mar 23, 2006

    wrote:

    >>> [the exact same question he asked TWO DAYS AGO http://tinyurl.com/zwbdq]
    >>> Is there any way to convery that image file into a text file?

    In case you somehow missed the answer two days ago, the answer is

    # # ####
    ## # # #
    # # # # #
    # # # # #
    # ## # #
    # # ####

    --
    http://DavidFilmer.com
    , Mar 23, 2006
  4. <> wrote:

    > I have an image that displays alpha-numeric characters used as a
    > securiy code

    That is sure indication that they do not want programs accessing
    their website.

    What you are asking for is immoral, and perhaps illegal.

    We are not likely to help thieves steal, you are on your own.

    Repeatin the question every other day will not change the
    situation, so please stop doint that too.

    *plonk*

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Mar 23, 2006
  5. wrote:
    > I have an image that displays alpha-numeric characters used as a
    > securiy code......as your would see while signing for a e-mail IDs,
    > the image code...
    >
    > I want to convert the image into a text and have my script put it in
    > the required field
    >
    > Is there any way to convery that image file into a text file?

    Maybe. You will need a OCR program.
    Of course those images are on purpose specifically designed to make this as
    difficult as possible. Therefore chances are high, that won't be able to
    find a program that can extract the text.

    Do you have a something related to Perl, too?
    Do you have some other question that you didn't ask 2 days ago already, too?

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Mar 24, 2006
  6. robic0 Guest

    On 23 Mar 2006 11:39:22 -0800, wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have an image that displays alpha-numeric characters used as a
    >securiy code......as your would see while signing for a e-mail IDs, the
    >image code...
    >
    >I want to convert the image into a text and have my script put it in
    >the required field
    >
    >Is there any way to convery that image file into a text file?
    >
    >Thanks!

    I suggest dropping the Perl program and go with warez or crackz to
    get onto that Porno site...
    robic0
    robic0, Mar 25, 2006
  7. Guest Guest

    wrote:
    : Hi,

    : I want to convert the image into a text and have my script put it in
    : the required field

    : Is there any way to convery that image file into a text file?

    You can always use uuencode to convert any binary material, including
    images, into printable text. Putting the generated text into an input
    field is trivial, and in no way related to Perl, as is the first part
    of this question.

    Oliver.

    --
    Dr. Oliver Corff e-mail: -berlin.de