    right now, I have 20 something excel reports that need to be converted
    to pdf and I have pdf write installed on my PC.
    Is there a way that I can do so in python?
    Wensui Liu, Feb 28, 2007

  2. Wensui Liu

    Adam Guest

    1. Get PDFCreator
    2. Install
    3. Set as default printer
    4. Have all excel files in same folder
    5. Select all excel files
    6. Right click
    7. Select Print
    8. Save Each PDF to a location
    9. ???
    10. Profit!!!!

    Never done it with Adobe Writer. I'm a cheapskate.

    Regards,
    Adam
    Adam, Feb 28, 2007

  3. Wensui Liu

    Wensui Liu Guest

    Adam,
    If you could come up with a way without using Adobe writer, it should
    also work for me.
    thanks.

    On 28 Feb 2007 12:53:52 -0800, Adam <> wrote:
    > 1. Get PDFCreator
    > 2. Install
    > 3. Set as default printer
    > 4. Have all excel files in same folder
    > 5. Select all excel files
    > 6. Right click
    > 7. Select Print
    > 8. Save Each PDF to a location
    > 9. ???
    > 10. Profit!!!!
    >
    > Never done it with Adobe Writer. I'm a cheapskate.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Adam

    WenSui Liu
    A lousy statistician who happens to know a little programming
    (http://spaces.msn.com/statcompute/blog)
    Wensui Liu, Feb 28, 2007
  4. Wensui Liu wrote:

    > Adam,
    > If you could come up with a way without using Adobe writer, it should
    > also work for me.
    > thanks.
    >
    > On 28 Feb 2007 12:53:52 -0800, Adam <> wrote:
    >> 1. Get PDFCreator
    >> 2. Install
    >> 3. Set as default printer
    >> 4. Have all excel files in same folder
    >> 5. Select all excel files
    >> 6. Right click
    >> 7. Select Print
    >> 8. Save Each PDF to a location
    >> 9. ???
    >> 10. Profit!!!!
    >>
    >> Never done it with Adobe Writer. I'm a cheapskate.

    He didn't use Adobe Writer! In fact he said he didn't. PDFCreator is a
    free utility. Download it here:
    http://www.pdfforge.org/products/pdfcreator/

    Joshua Kugler
    Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
    http://www.eeinternet.com
    PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE

    Joshua J. Kugler, Mar 1, 2007
  5. Wensui Liu

    Bob Guest

    OpenOffice Calc can read EXCEL files and can export them as PDF.
    It has its own macro capability and can run Python

    How well it works I don't know; I haven't tried running Python yet.

    OpenOffice.org is FREE!

    Bob
    Bob, Mar 1, 2007