Convert MatchData to Integer

qoexcel

Hi Everyone,i want to get integer from string, something like this:

using command /\d+/.match(self.loadDOMstat)

, but actually i don't have integer, i have MatchData .
How can i convert MatchData to integer in Ruby?Moreover you can give me a hint, how to get number from this string..
Thank you in advance!!!

Robert Klemme

Hi Everyone,i want to get integer from string, something like this:

using command /\d+/.match(self.loadDOMstat)

, but actually i don't have integer, i have MatchData .
How can i convert MatchData to integer in Ruby?Moreover you can give me a hint, how to get number from this string..

Generally you use method Integer() to convert String into an int:

irb(main):001:0> s = "123"
=> "123"
irb(main):002:0> n = Integer(s)
=> 123
irb(main):003:0> n.class
=> Fixnum

In your case you can do this:

irb(main):004:0> s = '<Loading DOM finished: 41 ms>'
irb(main):005:0> n = s[/<Loading DOM finished: (\d+) ms/, 1]
=> "41"
irb(main):006:0> n = Integer(n)
=> 41

Cheers

robert

qoexcel

вторник, 3 Ð¸ÑŽÐ½Ñ 2014 г., 0:11:38 UTC+4 пользователь Robert Klemme напиÑал:
[...]

Thank you very much, Robert!! Yes, now i have number (fixnum)
I have also problem, i try to add this value to array element :
convert_loadDOM = self.loadDOMstat
n1 = convert_loadDOM[/Loading DOM finished: (\d+) ms/, 1]
files_load_DOM= files_load_DOM + Integer(n1)

and i have error:
undefined method `+' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)

Michael Uplawski

Good evening

On Tue, 3 Jun 2014 03:22:25 -0700 (PDT),
I have also problem, i try to add this value to array element :

Where in your code did you initialize 'files_load_DOM' to an
Array-object or other container-type with a '[]' method and add a first
element to it?
convert_loadDOM = self.loadDOMstat
n1 = convert_loadDOM[/Loading DOM finished: (\d+) ms/, 1]
files_load_DOM= files_load_DOM + Integer(n1)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not here!
and i have error:
undefined method `+' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)

At least, that is, what the message points at.

Cherio,

Michael

Robert Klemme

вторник, 3 Ð¸ÑŽÐ½Ñ 2014 г., 0:11:38 UTC+4 пользователь Robert Klemme напиÑал:
I have also problem, i try to add this value to array element :
convert_loadDOM = self.loadDOMstat
n1 = convert_loadDOM[/Loading DOM finished: (\d+) ms/, 1]
files_load_DOM= files_load_DOM + Integer(n1)

and i have error:
undefined method `+' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)

files_load_DOM ist most likely nil - either because i points past the
last index of the Array or you never put a value there.

Kind regards

robert

Joined
Dec 21, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
files_load_DOM = [] if files_load_DOM==nil
files_load_DOM << Integer(n1) # or files_load_DOM = files_load_DOM + [ Integer(n1) ]