    Kumar.A.P.P
    Software Engineer, Infosys Technologies Limited.
    http://geekswithblog.squarespace.com

    =?Utf-8?B?S3VtYXIuQS5QLlA=?=, Oct 8, 2007

  2. There are only two ways I know of to do this.

    1) Use the Word object model and "Save as HTML" on the document object.
    2) Use a third party component engineered to work with Word documents.

    The Word Document (except for the most recent version which is actually
    well-formed XML) is a prprietary binary format. Load a Word document into
    Notepad and you'll see.
    -- Peter
    Recursion: see Recursion
    site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Oct 8, 2007

  3. Mark Rae [MVP], Oct 8, 2007
  4. "Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    > 1) Use the Word object model and "Save as HTML" on the document object.

    Since the user has posted on an ASP.NET newsgroup, I guess it's safe to
    assume that he's trying to do this in ASP.NET, which obviously means that he
    cannot use the Word object model since server-side Office automation doesn't
    work:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Oct 8, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?S3VtYXIuQS5QLlA=?=

    John Lam Guest

    You can use .NET DLL from ABCPDF to convert PDF to html.

    >>> http://www.markrae.net

    John Lam, May 3, 2011