Convert Perl to Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by =?ISO-8859-7?B?1/H189zt6Ocgwfrt4eve?=, Dec 29, 2006.

  1. How can I convert a perl script to Python?

    Thank you!

    =?ISO-8859-7?B?1/H189zt6Ocgwfrt4eve?=, Dec 29, 2006

  2. In <>,
    ΧÏυσάνθη Αϊναλή wrote:

    > How can I convert a perl script to Python?

    Look what the Perl script does and then rewrite it in Python. Automatic
    translations between programming languages, if possible, usually result in
    code that is not supposed to be read by human beings. Every language has
    its idioms and a "literal" translation looks very odd to "native speakers"
    of the target language.

    Ciao,
    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch, Dec 29, 2006

  3. =?ISO-8859-7?B?1/H189zt6Ocgwfrt4eve?=

    Tim Daneliuk Guest

    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch wrote:
    > In <>,
    > ΧÏυσάνθη Αϊναλή wrote:
    >
    >> How can I convert a perl script to Python?

    > Look what the Perl script does and then rewrite it in Python. Automatic
    > translations between programming languages, if possible, usually result in
    > code that is not supposed to be read by human beings. Every language has
    > its idioms and a "literal" translation looks very odd to "native speakers"
    > of the target language.
    >
    > Ciao,
    > Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

    Either that or write a perl interpreter in python ;)

    Tim Daneliuk
    PGP Key: http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

    Tim Daneliuk, Dec 29, 2006
  4. Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch a écrit :
    > In <>,
    > ΧÏυσάνθη Αϊναλή wrote:
    >

    >>How can I convert a perl script to Python?

    > Look what the Perl script does and then rewrite it in Python. Automatic
    > translations between programming languages, if possible, usually result in
    > code that is not supposed to be read by human beings. Every language has
    > its idioms and a "literal" translation looks very odd to "native speakers"
    > of the target language.

    and might be quite inefficient too...

    Bruno Desthuilliers, Jan 2, 2007
  5. =?ISO-8859-7?B?1/H189zt6Ocgwfrt4eve?=

    Guest

    pyperl - Perl for Python
    "This is a Python extension module that makes it possible to embed Perl
    interpreter(s) in any Python program. It can be used to invoke
    arbitrary Perl code, load any Perl modules and make calls directly
    into Perl functions. The Perl code invoked can call back into Python
    as it see fit."
    http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyPerl
    At least, a pacific coexistence between Python and Perl.

    , Jan 4, 2007