convert Phone Letters to Phone numbers

Discussion in 'C++' started by Rene Ivon Shamberger, Dec 4, 2012.

  1. I am looking for a program that converts phone letters to phone numbers. I have a C++ prgram that would really benefit from it.

    Thanks

    Rene Ivon Shamberger, Dec 4, 2012

  2. Rene Ivon Shamberger

    red floyd Guest

    red floyd, Dec 4, 2012

  3. humm... you are mistaken.
    I want to see how other people have done it, to compare it with my libray.
    But, aaahhhh.... thanks?

    Rene Ivon Shamberger, Dec 4, 2012
  4. On 12/4/2012 2:19 PM, Rene Ivon Shamberger wrote:
    > humm... you are mistaken.
    > I want to see how other people have done it, to compare it with my libray.

    Sure. Post your code here, and others will reply with their own code
    and solutions, and critique (or praise) your findings and tricks. You
    know, "show us yours and we'll show you ours". Otherwise, GIYF.

    Victor Bazarov, Dec 4, 2012
  5. Rene Ivon Shamberger

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Tue, 2012-12-04, Rene Ivon Shamberger wrote:
    > I am looking for a program that converts phone letters to phone
    > numbers. I have a C++ prgram that would really benefit from it.

    I have a vague idea about what a phone number is, but no idea at all
    what a "phone letter" is. Unless they are well-known in .us or
    something, I suppose that goes for most people here.

    Clarify your requirements and you may get some help.

    /Jorgen

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
    \X/ snipabacken.se> O o .

    Jorgen Grahn, Dec 5, 2012
  6. Rene Ivon Shamberger

    GF Guest

    get a list of 3-5 character words in English, including abrevations.
    Convert it to numbers. Do a strstr on the generated numbers and your phone
    number... Maybe?

    GF, Dec 5, 2012