    I have a .pyc file generated by python 2.4. My current python is of
    version 2.6. I'm wondering how to generate the corresponding .py file
    from it.

    Peng Yu, Oct 20, 2009

  2. Peng Yu schrieb:
    > I have a .pyc file generated by python 2.4. My current python is of
    > version 2.6. I'm wondering how to generate the corresponding .py file
    > from it.

    http://www.crazy-compilers.com/decompyle/

    Diez

    Diez B. Roggisch, Oct 20, 2009

  3. Peng Yu

    Peng Yu Guest

    On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Diez B. Roggisch <> wrote:
    > Peng Yu schrieb:
    >>
    >> I have a .pyc file generated by python 2.4. My current python is of
    >> version 2.6. I'm wondering how to generate the corresponding .py file
    >> from it.

    > http://www.crazy-compilers.com/decompyle/

    Is there any free one?

    Peng Yu, Oct 21, 2009
  4. Peng Yu

    Chris Rebert Guest

    On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Peng Yu <> wrote:
    > On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Diez B. Roggisch <> wrote:
    >> Peng Yu schrieb:
    >>>
    >>> I have a .pyc file generated by python 2.4. My current python is of
    >>> version 2.6. I'm wondering how to generate the corresponding .py file
    >>> from it.

    >> http://www.crazy-compilers.com/decompyle/

    > Is there any free one?

    There's an older version of the software at:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/decompyle/
    but it's not maintained like the service (just see the last-modified
    date on it) and you'll have to figure out how to use it by yourself.

    Cheers,
    Chris
    --
    http://blog.rebertia.com

    Chris Rebert, Oct 21, 2009
  5. Peng Yu

    Furkan Kuru Guest

    There is an online service at http://www.depython.com converting pyc
    files to py.
    You can give it a try.
    It does not have file size limit.

    On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Chris Rebert <> wrote:
    > On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Peng Yu <> wrote:

    >>> http://www.crazy-compilers.com/decompyle/

    >> Is there any free one?

    > There's an older version of the software at:
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/decompyle/
    > but it's not maintained like the service (just see the last-modified
    > date on it) and you'll have to figure out how to use it by yourself.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Chris
    > --
    > http://blog.rebertia.com