"Convert to Web Application" caused compilation errors.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by clintonb, Jun 22, 2007.

  1. clintonb

    clintonb Guest

    I converted a Web Site project to a Web Application project using the
    instructions found on this page:
    http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx
    One thing I did differently is that I made an empty ASP.NET AJAX-
    Enabled Web Application instead of an ASP.NET Web Application.

    Before converting, there were some classes in the App_Code folder.
    After converting, the folder was renamed Old_App_Code. But now I get
    compilation errors for some aspx.cs files that can't seem to find the
    classes that are in Old_App_Code.

    For example:

    There is a class under Old_App_Code called GcsWebPage. This is in the
    namespace GCS.WS.App. (By the way, the project is also called
    GCS.WS.App.)
    Another file in this project called Search.aspx.cs fails to compile it
    gets the error:
    The type or namespace name 'GcsWebpage' could not be found (are
    you missing a using directive or an
    assembly reference?)

    It was complaining about the class declaration, it couldn't find
    GcsWebpage:
    public partial class Search : GcsWebPage

    But the Search.aspx.cs file has a using statement for the namespace:
    using GCS.WS.App;

    So why can't it find the GcsWebPage class. It could before when it
    was a website project.

    - Clint

    clintonb, Jun 22, 2007