"Convert to Web Application" caused compilation errors.

clintonb

I converted a Web Site project to a Web Application project using the
instructions found on this page:
http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx
One thing I did differently is that I made an empty ASP.NET AJAX-
Enabled Web Application instead of an ASP.NET Web Application.

Before converting, there were some classes in the App_Code folder.
After converting, the folder was renamed Old_App_Code. But now I get
compilation errors for some aspx.cs files that can't seem to find the
classes that are in Old_App_Code.

For example:

There is a class under Old_App_Code called GcsWebPage. This is in the
namespace GCS.WS.App. (By the way, the project is also called
GCS.WS.App.)
Another file in this project called Search.aspx.cs fails to compile it
gets the error:
The type or namespace name 'GcsWebpage' could not be found (are
you missing a using directive or an
assembly reference?)

It was complaining about the class declaration, it couldn't find
GcsWebpage:
public partial class Search : GcsWebPage

But the Search.aspx.cs file has a using statement for the namespace:
using GCS.WS.App;

So why can't it find the GcsWebPage class. It could before when it
was a website project.

- Clint