"Convert to Web Application" didn't convert pages to partial classes in 1.1 -> 3.5 migration

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Samuel R. Neff, Jan 2, 2008.

  1. We're migrating our .NET 1.1 web application to .NET 3.5 and during
    conversion we clicked "Convert to Web Application" on the web project.
    The results from this conversion were inconsistent.

    1. Many pages were not converted at all. They're still aspx and cs
    files with generated code inside the cs file and still no partial
    class implementation.

    2. Designer classes empty. A few pages were converted to partial
    classes, but the designer classes are empty and the instance fields
    are all still in the original cs file.

    3. Many correct. Many pages were converted to partial classes and
    declarations moved over as expected.

    There was no conversion report or indication of failure.

    If I right click on an individual file that failed and choose "Convert
    to Web Application" for that file only, I get an error that says
    "Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown" with no futher
    details. Is there a log file somewhere that would have the full
    details?

    Can anyone help idenify why it failed for some pages and not others,
    and how can I convert those failed pages (I assume creating a manual
    Designer file would not cause it to get re-generated automatically as
    needed).

    Thanks,

    Sam

    We're hiring! B-Line Medical is seeking .NET
    Developers for exciting positions in medical product
    development in MD/DC. Work with a variety of technologies
    in a relaxed team environment. See ads on Dice.com.

    Samuel R. Neff, Jan 2, 2008