Convert virtual key to actual character

lakepeir

Hello,

I'm trying to convert the virtual key received from a
MSG_WM_LBUTTONDOWN message to the keyboard equivalent character (a,b,c,
etc). in the OnLButtonDown method.

Thanks!

phlip

lakepeir said:
I'm trying to convert the virtual key received from a MSG_WM_LBUTTONDOWN
message to the keyboard equivalent character (a,b,c, etc). in the
OnLButtonDown method.

Don't do that. Either handle WM_CHAR, and let Win32 process the keystrokes
for you, or get a control that already does whatever you are trying to do.

Going forward, this newsgroup is not qualified to discuss the Win32
libraries. Try for C++ topics, and a
Win32 GUI programming group for the low-level topics.

Phlip

lakepeir said:
The OnLButtonDown() take two parameters and neither is a WM_CHAR.

Please learn a little SDK architecture. Messages start as integers, before a
library such as MFC wraps them in methods. WM_CHAR probably drives OnChar().
Use that, with help from an on-topic forum.