Convert WebMatrix Pages Into VSNET Project

Wayne Wengert

I have about 25 aspx pages that were created using WebMatrix. I now want to
collect all of them into a single VSNET project. I thought I could just open
then via VSNET but that does not seem to let me run them nor create a
project from them. What is the best way to accomplish this?

Wayne

TJS

can't do it.

You'll need to manually change the code because visual studio is not
compatible with anything else

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

TJS u have to manually change it and convert it to WebMatrix.
If have any problems changing it.
Try posting it.

Juan T. Llibre

Why not ?

The only objects which won't run right off the bat are the Web Matrix
objects ( the MX objects ), but by adding a reference to the Web Matrix
DLL they'll run just fine.

All you'd have to do is create a new VS project
and "Add existing files" to the project.

You might have to change the Page directives a bit
but the project will compile and run fine.

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Yeah thats true Juan i taught it was the other way round.
And another thing regarding the Page directives make sure u change the
SRC="" to codebehind

TJS

and the autoeventwireup = false
and the code must use codebehind files or visual studio chokes
and namespace declarations may conflict because visual studio creates it's
own