    HTML::WikiConverter

    What are my choices here ?

    Anyone have done that before ?
    Horst Lemminger, Nov 24, 2011

  2. Horst Lemminger

    Justin C Guest

    On 2011-11-24, Horst Lemminger <> wrote:
    > I would like to convert the raw source of a local Wiki to HTML (static
    > files), preferably DokuWiki.
    >
    > Unfortunately I have found very few (next to none) projects for Perl
    > that converts simple Wiki markup to HTML. I need the REVERSE of
    > HTML::WikiConverter
    >
    > What are my choices here ?
    >
    > Anyone have done that before ?

    CPAN IYF. First hit on searching CPAN for WIKI is
    Konstrukt::plugin::wiki:

    DESCRIPTION

    This plugin will render given wiki markup into an other format (e.g.
    HTML).

    Is this suitable?

    Justin.

    --
    Justin C, by the sea.
    Justin C, Nov 24, 2011

  3. Horst Lemminger

    SSS Develop Guest

    On Nov 24, 5:23 pm, Horst Lemminger <> wrote:
    > I would like to convert the raw source of a local Wiki to HTML (static
    > files), preferably DokuWiki.
    >
    > Unfortunately I have found very few (next to none) projects for Perl
    > that converts simple Wiki markup to HTML. I need the REVERSE of
    > HTML::WikiConverter
    >
    > What are my choices here ?
    >
    > Anyone have done that before ?

    If you do not want to integrate this with any tool or DocuWiki itself
    - why not use LWP kind of modules to scrape/crawl the sites as html
    pages. that will be quick solution and get all App into static html
    page.

    Cheers,
    SSS Develop, Nov 25, 2011

  4. > CPAN IYF. First hit on searching CPAN for WIKI is
    > Konstrukt::plugin::wiki:

    Well, looks like what I need, but I don't need a komplete web
    framework. My conversion needs just to be a one-time thing, and should
    ideally be run from command line.

    Perhaps I just need to learn how to use Konstrukt.

    Do anyone know how to include a file between the wiki tags (or expand
    variables ?)
    Horst Lemminger, Nov 25, 2011
  5. > If you do not want to integrate this with any tool or DocuWiki itself
    > - why not use LWP kind of modules to scrape/crawl the sites as html
    > pages. that will be quick solution and get all App into static html
    > page.

    This could be my last resort, but since I would like to do the
    following
    * edit text in my own application (simple notepad-like edit window
    - text format ideally Wiki
    * files are saved as text files OR in a database backend
    * now files can be compiled with a script to static HTML
    * the static HTML is the "help window" for a Windows application

    So I do not need a webserver for this project, unless I have to.

    But as you say, I could be forced to have one.
    Horst Lemminger, Nov 25, 2011
  6. On Nov 25, 7:14 am, Horst Lemminger <> wrote:
    > > CPAN IYF. First hit on searching CPAN for WIKI is
    > > Konstrukt::plugin::wiki:

    > Well, looks like what I need, but I don't need a komplete web
    > framework. My conversion needs just to be a one-time thing, and should
    > ideally be run from command line.
    >
    > Perhaps I just need to learn how to use Konstrukt.
    >
    > Do anyone know how to include a file between the wiki tags (or expand
    > variables ?)

    The following is the only two lines I could find about running
    Konstrukt directly.. but not much of an example.. Should be able to do
    variables instead of files.. ?
    ===
    my $filehandler = Konstrukt::Handler::File->new($root, $filename);
    $filehandler->handler();
    ===
    Horst Lemminger, Nov 25, 2011
  7. On Thu, 24 Nov 2011, Horst Lemminger wrote:

    > Well, looks like what I need, but I don't need a komplete web
    > framework. My conversion needs just to be a one-time thing, and should
    > ideally be run from command line.

    Maybe Markdown (http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/) does what
    you want. It is something that needs no preparation, just download it an
    run it. It has its own Wiki-style syntax, and it depends on your Wiki
    whether the syntaxes are similar enough.

    --
    Helmut Richter
    Helmut Richter, Nov 25, 2011