    How can I Convert windows path with spaces to 8.3 format from inside perl?

    Thanks in advance

    Jim
    Random Task, Apr 4, 2006

  2. Random Task

    Paul Lalli Guest

    Random Task wrote:
    > How can I Convert windows path with spaces to 8.3 format from inside perl?

    With a substitute operation, the substr() function, and a counter
    variable, I imagine.

    If you make an attempt and post your code, there's a high probability
    someone will be able to help you fix it if it doesn't work.

    Before doing that however, I strongly suggest you read the Posting
    Guidelines for this group, which are posted here twice a week.

    Paul Lalli
    Paul Lalli, Apr 4, 2006

  3. Random Task

    Random Task Guest

    Paul Lalli wrote:
    > Random Task wrote:
    >> How can I Convert windows path with spaces to 8.3 format from inside perl?

    > With a substitute operation, the substr() function, and a counter
    > variable, I imagine.
    >
    > If you make an attempt and post your code, there's a high probability
    > someone will be able to help you fix it if it doesn't work.
    >
    > Before doing that however, I strongly suggest you read the Posting
    > Guidelines for this group, which are posted here twice a week.
    >
    > Paul Lalli

    I am kind of assuming/hoping there is a perl module that can perfrom
    this functionality ...

    Thanks though for your info ... but its not quite what I am looking for.

    Jim
    Random Task, Apr 4, 2006
  4. Random Task

    Guest