    anything?

    many thanks
    Simon

    digbydog, May 26, 2007

  2. digbydog

    Masudur Guest

    On May 26, 8:25 am, "digbydog" <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have been looking at trying to find a third party product to convert a
    > word document to a pdf is ASP DotNet. We previously did this in non web
    > environnment using acrobat distiller but I have been told that this can't be
    > done via asp/iis - is that correct?
    >
    > Also does anyone know of a product that will allow the conversion to be
    > done? I have seen that there are products like iTextSharp where you can
    > create your own pdf and have seen a couple that purport to do the conversion
    > like Neevia - has anyone used a product to do this and can they recommend
    > anything?
    >
    > many thanks
    > Simon

    hi....

    aspose is one of the best product for this purpose

    abcpdf is also a good product

    http://www.websupergoo.com/products.htm

    Thanks
    Masudur
    http://www.aspose.com/

    Masudur, May 26, 2007

  3. digbydog

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, May 26, 2007
  4. Hello digbydog,

    See there the list of pdf conversion libs http://csharp-source.net/open-source/pdf-libraries

    ---
    WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
    My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
    Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

    d> Hello,
    d>
    d> I have been looking at trying to find a third party product to
    d> convert a word document to a pdf is ASP DotNet. We previously did
    d> this in non web environnment using acrobat distiller but I have been
    d> told that this can't be done via asp/iis - is that correct?
    d>
    d> Also does anyone know of a product that will allow the conversion to
    d> be done? I have seen that there are products like iTextSharp where
    d> you can create your own pdf and have seen a couple that purport to do
    d> the conversion like Neevia - has anyone used a product to do this and
    d> can they recommend anything?
    d>
    d> many thanks
    d> Simon

    Michael Nemtsev, May 26, 2007
  5. digbydog

    digbydog Guest

    Hi Michael,

    thanks for that - I had a look at the list but couldn't see anything that
    would convert an MS Word document to a PDF. I may have misread some of the
    information so if there is a product that will do the conversion please let
    me know.

    thanks again
    Simon

    digbydog, May 28, 2007
  6. digbydog

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, May 28, 2007
  7. digbydog

    digbydog Guest

    heard you loud and clear the first time thanks.

    I replied to Michael because he indicated there was a product in the list he
    sent that would do the conversion but I couldn't see one. I should have
    clarified the message to say if there was a product in the list he sent me.

    digbydog, May 29, 2007
  8. Hello digbydog,

    I'm not sure that u can find the free product. I've recommed you the free
    PDF converters, and everything u need to do is to open your word document
    and convert to PDF manually

    ---
    WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
    My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
    Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

    d> heard you loud and clear the first time thanks.
    d>
    d> I replied to Michael because he indicated there was a product in the
    d> list he sent that would do the conversion but I couldn't see one. I
    d> should have clarified the message to say if there was a product in
    d> the list he sent me.
    d>
    d> "Mark Rae" <> wrote in message
    d> news:em$lc$...
    d>

    Michael Nemtsev, May 29, 2007
  9. digbydog

    Mark Rae Guest

    "digbydog" <> wrote in message

    > heard you loud and clear the first time thanks.

    OK.

    > I replied to Michael because he indicated there was a product in the list
    > he sent that would do the conversion but I couldn't see one.

    There isn't...

    --
    http://www.markrae.net

    Mark Rae, May 29, 2007
  10. digbydog

    Mark Rae Guest

    > I'm not sure that u can find the free product.

    There isn't a free Word-PDF converter, AFAIK....

    > I've recommed you the free PDF converters, and everything u need to do is
    > to open your word document and convert to PDF manually

    No you haven't... The link you supplied listed PDF creation software, not
    conversion software... If you go to the page you suggested and do a search
    for 'convert', 'conversion' or 'Word', you won't find anything...

    --
    http://www.markrae.net

    Mark Rae, May 29, 2007
  11. Hello Mark,

    using "convert" I meant that u can use word data to create new PDF, not the
    convert literally

    ---

    Michael Nemtsev, May 29, 2007
  12. digbydog

    Mark Rae Guest

    > using "convert" I meant that u can use word data to create new PDF, not
    > the convert literally

    With the greatest of respect, that's not what the OP asked for:

    " have been looking at trying to find a third party product to convert a
    " word document to a pdf in ASP DotNet"

    --
    http://www.markrae.net

    Mark Rae, May 29, 2007