Convert word document to pdf

digbydog

Hello,

I have been looking at trying to find a third party product to convert a
word document to a pdf is ASP DotNet. We previously did this in non web
environnment using acrobat distiller but I have been told that this can't be
done via asp/iis - is that correct?

Also does anyone know of a product that will allow the conversion to be
done? I have seen that there are products like iTextSharp where you can
create your own pdf and have seen a couple that purport to do the conversion
like Neevia - has anyone used a product to do this and can they recommend
anything?

many thanks
Simon

Masudur

Hello,

I have been looking at trying to find a third party product to convert a
word document to a pdf is ASP DotNet. We previously did this in non web
environnment using acrobat distiller but I have been told that this can't be
done via asp/iis - is that correct?

Also does anyone know of a product that will allow the conversion to be
done? I have seen that there are products like iTextSharp where you can
create your own pdf and have seen a couple that purport to do the conversion
like Neevia - has anyone used a product to do this and can they recommend
anything?

many thanks
Simon

hi....

aspose is one of the best product for this purpose

abcpdf is also a good product

http://www.websupergoo.com/products.htm

Thanks
Masudur
http://www.aspose.com/

Michael Nemtsev

Hello digbydog,

See there the list of pdf conversion libs http://csharp-source.net/open-source/pdf-libraries

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

d> Hello,
d>
d> I have been looking at trying to find a third party product to
d> convert a word document to a pdf is ASP DotNet. We previously did
d> this in non web environnment using acrobat distiller but I have been
d> told that this can't be done via asp/iis - is that correct?
d>
d> Also does anyone know of a product that will allow the conversion to
d> be done? I have seen that there are products like iTextSharp where
d> you can create your own pdf and have seen a couple that purport to do
d> the conversion like Neevia - has anyone used a product to do this and
d> can they recommend anything?
d>
d> many thanks
d> Simon

digbydog

Hi Michael,

thanks for that - I had a look at the list but couldn't see anything that
would convert an MS Word document to a PDF. I may have misread some of the
information so if there is a product that will do the conversion please let
me know.

thanks again
Simon

digbydog

heard you loud and clear the first time thanks.

I replied to Michael because he indicated there was a product in the list he
sent that would do the conversion but I couldn't see one. I should have
clarified the message to say if there was a product in the list he sent me.

Michael Nemtsev

Hello digbydog,

I'm not sure that u can find the free product. I've recommed you the free
PDF converters, and everything u need to do is to open your word document
and convert to PDF manually

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

d> heard you loud and clear the first time thanks.
d>
d> I replied to Michael because he indicated there was a product in the
d> list he sent that would do the conversion but I couldn't see one. I
d> should have clarified the message to say if there was a product in
d> the list he sent me.
d>
d> d>

Mark Rae

heard you loud and clear the first time thanks.
OK.

I replied to Michael because he indicated there was a product in the list
he sent that would do the conversion but I couldn't see one.

There isn't...

Mark Rae

I'm not sure that u can find the free product.

There isn't a free Word-PDF converter, AFAIK....
I've recommed you the free PDF converters, and everything u need to do is
to open your word document and convert to PDF manually

No you haven't... The link you supplied listed PDF creation software, not
conversion software... If you go to the page you suggested and do a search
for 'convert', 'conversion' or 'Word', you won't find anything...

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Mark,

using "convert" I meant that u can use word data to create new PDF, not the
convert literally

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

MR> creation software, not conversion software... If you go to the page
MR> you suggested and do a search for 'convert', 'conversion' or 'Word'

Mark Rae

using "convert" I meant that u can use word data to create new PDF, not
the convert literally

With the greatest of respect, that's not what the OP asked for:

" have been looking at trying to find a third party product to convert a
" word document to a pdf in ASP DotNet"