Convert Word to XPS

Richard Steele

I have a requirement to convert a word (2003) document to an XPS document on
the server - the users upload the word doc as part of a CMS we are
developing. This xps document is then stored as a binary object on the
server - the binary object is delivered to a smart client over web services
in a stream

Without Word on the Server (I beliver there are issues with word on the
server) how would I go about coverting the doc to xps - the user has word on
their computers so it can be rendered through ie (6). Is there are way to do
this without the user first exporting the doc to xps client side then
uploading it

Thank-you

Richard