Convert XML Schema into DTD

Mukul Gandhi

Hi Priyanshu,
I think it is not possible to map all the constraints in XML Schema
into a DTD. XML Schema specification is very vast as compared to DTD
language. In short my answer is, this is not the excercise worth
doing..

Regards,
Mukul

Soren Kuula

Mukul said:
Hi Priyanshu,
I think it is not possible to map all the constraints in XML Schema
into a DTD. XML Schema specification is very vast as compared to DTD
language. In short my answer is, this is not the excercise worth
doing..

On the other hand, Bex, Neven et al have found that 85% of all (valid)
practically used XML Schema's are structurally equivalent to DTDs.

If just giving up on simple types (saying they are all CDATA), it should
no be too hard.

Soren

Soren Kuula

Soren said:
On the other hand, Bex, Neven et al have found that 85% of all (valid)
practically used XML Schema's are structurally equivalent to DTDs.

The paper's titled "Expressiveness of XSDs: fro Practice to Theory, Ther
and Back Again"