Converting ASP.NET from VB2003 2 VB2005 - Could not find any resources???

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by S.Tedeschi, Jun 15, 2007.

  1. S.Tedeschi

    S.Tedeschi Guest

    Hi all,
    as already posted, I'm converting an app and I'm facing tons of cons.

    One of them is my .aspx files can be used by ComponentDesigner to
    load, e.g., SelectCommands' CommandText, but when I try to run the
    WebSite, the 1st time is needed a resource, an exception is thrown ,
    stating "Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified
    culture or the neutral culture. Make sure
    "TessHockey.wfrmRiservato.resources" was correctly embedded or linked
    into assembly "App_Web_4n77l3vz" at compile time, or that all the
    satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed."
    So, why Designer is able to use resources coded in .resx files and
    asp.net is not? And more,I've converted those .aspx files
    into .resources files with resgen, moving .resources files to
    App_LocalResources subDir, but no matter what I do, same error is
    thrown.Can pls some1 help me, or point me to the right direction? TIA

    Is web designer buggy, or just conversion from VS2003? Is it advisable
    just 4 VS6's users to convert?

    S.Tedeschi, Jun 15, 2007