Converting ASP.NET pages directly to PDF pages.

Ryan Taylor

Hello.

I am looking for a piece of software that that I can leverage through
ASP.NET C# to convert a rendered aspx web page to a PDF document that the
client can download. I have looked at activePDF's webgrabber, and though it
looks great, the licensing model seems expensive. We have 5+ machines
developing the same website (through source control of course) and it
appears that we would need to license webgrabber and activePDF server for
each machine including development machines. This gets too expensive very
quickly.

Does anyone else know of an alternative?
I've seen a few others such as abcPDF.NET and sharpPDF, but I would prefer a
simpler programming model. Something that I can point to the URL and it
would automagically output a PDF, rather than adding document elements
myself, as webgrabber appears to be able to do.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan Taylor

Ryan Taylor

Thanks a bunch Hermit Dave.

I think this might actually work for us. It was easy to install and
implement, and best of all, it is free!

Ryan Taylor