Converting Classic ASP + ADO to .Net

captain_gni

I write a lot of apps in classic asp using ado to pull data from ms sql
servers and then I'll use Scripting.FileSystemObject to create/delete
xml files, html files or csv files. What is the best way to learn how
to do the same thing using asp.net with ado.net.

Thanks!
-B

Guest

This reminds me of the old joke where a hippie asks an old lady "How do I get
to Carnegie Hall"? She replied, "Practice, my son. Practice!".
That's the answer.
Cheers.

tfsmag

^ what peter said... also

when i had to first learn it, this book proved to be very useful.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1861005040/103-0636850-8540624?v=glance&n=283155

afterwards I moved on to this book to get the basics of OOP under my
belt..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...103-0636850-8540624?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

now i'm shopping around for some more advanced stuff. I'm linking to
vb.net books because if you're using classic asp i'm assuming you're
using vbscript, and vb.net will provide the easiest transition. I have
been moving a few of my asp.net apps into c# as of late though and am
getting more and more comfortable with it. The bad thing is that my
employer pretty much forces us to use vb.net at work so I don't get as
much practice with it as I would like :(