    to download it first?

    Thank you!!

    - Jason
    BrainCell000, Nov 19, 2003

  2. "BrainCell000" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello. I wrote a little C program with Borland C 5.5 and compiled it
    > as a 32-bit DOS application. Is there any way for me to get my little
    > program to run in a window on my website as opposed to people having
    > to download it first?

    I am not sure how you want me to frame the answer,
    but I will take a stab.

    a) Yes, it _is_ possible to write your program as an
    Applet and run it inside a browser.

    If your program wants to write to the web surfers'
    disk their are various tricky things you need to do
    to the applet (digitaly signing it, to free you from the
    applet security sandbox) that are a bit tricky.

    b) To invoke your C program from within an Applet
    in a browser not only hits the 'security' problems,
    but introduces dealing with 'native' resources (JNDI,
    I think).

    Further, the x-platform Applet would be calling a platform
    specific C prog - hardly the best way to go.

    Do either of those answer your question?

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Nov 20, 2003

  3. > I wrote a little C program
    > Is there any way for me to get my little
    > program to run in a window on my website

    If it's only small, rewrite it as a Java applet.
    Thomas Schodt, Nov 20, 2003
  4. few questions:

    I did not get your idea exactly: do you want the code to run server side or
    client side? the person who accesses the webpage must only see some sort of
    listing, information from this program or must interact with the program?
    Which level of interaction is needed?

    Varying from your answer, the way to must could be just CGIze the C program
    or convert the code to Java and make ir run as an applet. Each approach will
    demand a few security policies and may offer some limitations.

    Henrique Seganfredo

    Henrique Seganfredo, Nov 20, 2003
  5. BrainCell000

    Tim Tyler Guest

    BrainCell000 <> wrote or quoted:

    > Hello. I wrote a little C program with Borland C 5.5 and compiled it
    > as a 32-bit DOS application. Is there any way for me to get my little
    > program to run in a window on my website as opposed to people having
    > to download it first?

    Short answer: yes - convert it to Java.

    Doing it by hand will /probably/ be easiest and quickest.
    --
    Tim Tyler, Nov 27, 2003