    on a constant difference.
    TIA
    , Mar 27, 2006

  2. Oliver Wong Guest

    Oliver Wong, Mar 27, 2006

  3. Roedy Green Guest

    On 27 Mar 2006 07:58:05 -0800, wrote, quoted or
    indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >what is the easiest way to convert EST to GMT using Java?
    >Since GMT is immunte to daylight saving differences, we cannot depend
    >on a constant difference.

    Java stores its dates internally in UTC (GMT). Whenever you display a
    date it chooses a timezone (usually the local default) and figures out
    it DST was in effect at that time.

    In other words, Java handles this for you.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/calendar.hthml
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Mar 27, 2006