    price the effort, etc.

    Thanks, all.

    AS
    Arnold Shore, Jun 8, 2006

  2. Arnold Shore wrote:
    > Apologies if this isn't the right newsgroup, but a friend/client has
    > a conventional ACCESS application that he wants to convert to
    > online/internet/ASP.
    >
    > While I've used Access's export function in the past to generate ASP
    > from the tables, I wonder whether there's anything around to do a more
    > comprehensive automatic conversion. I've noted a few ads for such
    > products, and I wonder/hope there's some experience around here that
    > might be shared - with recommendations.
    >
    > We'll certainly consider a commercial conversion project. (I'm just
    > out of time and interest, frankly.) If so, pls come back with some
    > info on how you price the effort, etc.

    I've never used any of them, but Google provides plenty of hits.
    http://www.google.com/search?source...&q=convert Access frontend to ASP&sa=N&tab=xw

    Personally, I would be suspicious of anything that claims to do "too
    good" of a job at this. There is too much tweaking that needs to be done
    to make using Jet as backend to a an ASP application scalable. You may
    get an ASP application that works well with a few users in the testing
    stage, but bombs when exposed to the world on the internet. YMMV.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jun 8, 2006