Converting from Access?

Arnold Shore

Apologies if this isn't the right newsgroup, but a friend/client has a
conventional ACCESS application that he wants to convert to
online/internet/ASP.

While I've used Access's export function in the past to generate ASP from
the tables, I wonder whether there's anything around to do a more
comprehensive automatic conversion. I've noted a few ads for such products,
and I wonder/hope there's some experience around here that might be shared -
with recommendations.

We'll certainly consider a commercial conversion project. (I'm just out of
time and interest, frankly.) If so, pls come back with some info on how you
price the effort, etc.

Thanks, all.

AS

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Arnold said:
Apologies if this isn't the right newsgroup, but a friend/client has
a conventional ACCESS application that he wants to convert to
online/internet/ASP.

While I've used Access's export function in the past to generate ASP
from the tables, I wonder whether there's anything around to do a more
comprehensive automatic conversion. I've noted a few ads for such
products, and I wonder/hope there's some experience around here that
might be shared - with recommendations.

We'll certainly consider a commercial conversion project. (I'm just
out of time and interest, frankly.) If so, pls come back with some
info on how you price the effort, etc.
I've never used any of them, but Google provides plenty of hits.
http://www.google.com/search?source...&q=convert Access frontend to ASP&sa=N&tab=xw

Personally, I would be suspicious of anything that claims to do "too
good" of a job at this. There is too much tweaking that needs to be done
to make using Jet as backend to a an ASP application scalable. You may
get an ASP application that works well with a few users in the testing
stage, but bombs when exposed to the world on the internet. YMMV.