Converting from System.Web.Mail to System.Net.Mail

Nathan Sokalski

I am moving an application that involves sending email from 1.1 to 2.0. I am
attempting to convert the email-sending code from System.Web.Mail to
System.Net.Mail. I think I have most of this accomplished, but I am trying
to find the System.Net.Mail equivelant of
System.Web.Mail.MailMessage.BodyFormat. In the past, I used code such as the
following to specify whether the message was html or text:

mymessage.BodyFormat = Mail.MailFormat.Html

However, I cannot find a property of the System.Net.Mail.MailMessage class
that specifies this. What do I do to specify html or text? Thanks.

Master Programmer

I think that System.Net.Mail is going to be depreciated in 3.0, the
new syntax is going to be System.Net.Web.Net.Mail. Then a few months
after that to break all compatibility it will be changed again to
System.Net.NewMail. Then a couple of months later it will be changed
again to System.Mail.Mailer.NewMail, just in case anyone got used to
the old way.

If you can hang on a year or two, then you can avoid all of these
changes. As its quite likely that they will just kill the language and
bring out a new completely different one.

I heard from an insider that the next big thing is going to be called
"DNA-Universe". They decided that everything they made is shite and we
have all been doing things the wrong way - and to "unlearn everything".

The Grand Master

Sugan

Can you stop repeating these annoying posts. If you are not interested
in VB .Net, please leave the group. Why in this world you bother about
other programmers?

Master Programmer

No, I most certainly will not. I will continue for as long as I choose.
How dare you try to tell me what to do.

The Grand Master

Guest

Can you stop repeating these annoying posts. If you are not interested
in VB .Net, please leave the group. Why in this world you bother about
other programmers?

He does have a point ... Remoting is another example.