    Thanks in advance...

    Milind
    , Feb 23, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Hello there,
    > We have a java appliaction on Mac OS X. This application downloads a
    > .ico file from server (which is icon on windows). Now we want to
    > convert it into .icns file on OS X as we want to display this .icns
    > file in our application. Does any one know how to convert .ico file to
    > .icns in java.
    > Thanks in advance...

    I have a lint in the FAQ which points to Marco Schmidt's collection of
    image processing and conversion classes and libraries for Java. Maybe
    there is something in for you.

    /Thomas

    --
    The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:
    Thomas Weidenfeller, Feb 23, 2005

  3. Rhino Guest

    "Thomas Weidenfeller" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    > > Hello there,
    > > We have a java appliaction on Mac OS X. This application downloads a
    > > .ico file from server (which is icon on windows). Now we want to
    > > convert it into .icns file on OS X as we want to display this .icns
    > > file in our application. Does any one know how to convert .ico file to
    > > .icns in java.
    > > Thanks in advance...

    > I have a lint in the FAQ which points to Marco Schmidt's collection of
    > image processing and conversion classes and libraries for Java. Maybe
    > there is something in for you.

    If that doesn't work, I'll bet you can find something via a Google search,
    either a Web search or a Newsgroup search. If you do a newsgroup search,
    focus on the Mac newsgroups. Someone must have done this kind of conversion
    before, assuming its possible.

    You may also find conversion utilities at shareware sites like Tucows.

    Rhino
    Rhino, Feb 23, 2005