Converting images to binary files

Guest

I need to convert this JPEG image to binary format and save it as a text
file. The goal of it is to send the image to a Zebra Label printer and print
it on a label.

Kevin Spencer

I need to convert this JPEG image to binary format and save it as a text
file. The goal of it is to send the image to a Zebra Label printer and
print
it on a label.

That doesn't make a lick of sense, I'm afraid.

First, as you've been told already, an image is a binary object. There is a
difference between a file and an object. An object exists in memory, while a
file exists on a disk. In either case, however, you're talking about a
binary format.

Second, you say that "the goal of it is to send the image to a Zebra Label
printer and print it on a label." So, the first question here is, "send it
from where?" This is an ASP.Net newsgroup, so we're assuming you're talking
about something in an ASP.Net web application. But you haven't told us much
of anything. The devil is in the details, and we need some.

Where is this printer? Is it on the client or on the server? And what
exactly is in the image?

You need to step back, take a deep breath, and think about your business
requirements. Business requirements do not involve things like converting an
image to binary format. A business requirement defines some action to be
performed by your application that satisfies some requirement about what
your application should do, not how it should do it. For example, you might
want to put an image into a page, and allow a user browsing the web page to
print the image as a label. But you haven't said so yet.

From the top, now...

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Professional Numbskull

The man who questions opinions is wise.
The man who quarrels with facts is a fool.