    popular/current.

    Thanks.

    , Dec 13, 2004

  2. wrote:
    > I've programmed in C++ for many years, but I've been away from it for a
    > while.

    And I thought it's like riding a bicycle...

    > I have some JDK 1.4 code that I need to re-implement in C++. I am
    > wondering, are there any commonly-used libraries for replacing the Java
    > SDK types (particularly all the containers) that people use these days?
    > I know about the STL, but was wondering if there was anything more
    > popular/current.

    You should consider asking in a newsgroup dedicated to your platform,
    as well. No, I am not saying you're totally off the mark posting here,
    I am just saying, keep your horizons wide.

    And, speaking of containers, I would probably not be too much off saying
    that the Standard Library containers are the most popular containers
    today. Of course, it does depend on your definition of "popular".

    Victor Bazarov, Dec 13, 2004

  3. Mike Wahler Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I've programmed in C++ for many years, but I've been away from it for a
    > while.
    >
    > I have some JDK 1.4 code that I need to re-implement in C++. I am
    > wondering, are there any commonly-used libraries for replacing the Java
    > SDK types (particularly all the containers) that people use these days?

    Yes.

    > I know about the STL, but was wondering if there was anything more
    > popular/current.

    The container types and algorithms defined by the C++ standard library
    which were formerly collectively called the 'STL' are the most 'current'
    as regards standard C++. "Popularity" is of course a subjective issue.
    Anyway, why does 'popularity' matter?

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Dec 14, 2004