Converting movies to JMF friendly format

ben.jenson

Dear all,

I need to convert some movies to a format that can be played back with
the java media framework. Even though I am following the cheat sheet
for formats and am limiting myself to those playable by the
cross-platform version, I am having difficulties. For example, trying
to play back a QuickTime movie with H261 and Alaw audio. However, when
I try to play it back, I get an array out of bounds exception in an ibm
sourced package for H261.

Could anyone recommend a video format (including audio and video
compression) that they know works with the JMF. I'm using Adobe Premier
to convert the video files.

Ben