Converting MS Access DB to Postgres or MySQL for ORM support withSQLalchemy

Discussion in 'Python' started by Alec Taylor, Nov 30, 2011.

  1. Alec Taylor

    Alec Taylor Guest

    Good afternoon,

    I was recently shown that my client runs MS Access everywhere, rather
    than a "real" database. There are many features they would be missing
    that something like a django frontend would provide.

    So I would like to move them to Postgres or MySQL (since MS Access
    support was been dropped after 0.4).

    But I would also like to move there schema &etc to ORM, for easy
    editing with SQLalchemy (or similar).

    What approach would you recommend?

    Thanks for all suggestions,

    Alec Taylor