Converting Non-Unicode Characters

Discussion in 'C++' started by Arthur, Aug 24, 2004.

  1. Arthur

    Arthur Guest

    Howdy All,

    Here is my problem: I have over 10,000 files that have file names in
    Korean. When running Windows 98, and then Windows 2000 these file
    names appeared in Korean with no problems when I used this software
    NJSTAR.

    Fast forward: I am now running Windows XP and none of the file names
    appear properly, even if I use NJSTAR and/or all the built in XP
    Unicode utilities and such.

    So, obviously these file names are not Unicode. Who knows what they
    are. But since everything is going Unicode, I figure it would be to
    my advantage to re-name them or convert them to Unicode standard.

    10,000 files......is there a program out there to do this for me???

    Thanks,

    Arthur

    PS: I am not a C or Java programmer, so this is probably something I
    need a pre-written app to do for me......
    Arthur, Aug 24, 2004

  2. Arthur

    JKop Guest

    Arthur posted:

    > Howdy All,
    >
    > Here is my problem: I have over 10,000 files that have

    file names in
    > Korean. When running Windows 98, and then Windows 2000

    these file
    > names appeared in Korean with no problems when I used

    this software
    > NJSTAR.
    >
    > Fast forward: I am now running Windows XP and none of

    the file names
    > appear properly, even if I use NJSTAR and/or all the

    built in XP
    > Unicode utilities and such.
    >
    > So, obviously these file names are not Unicode. Who

    knows what they
    > are. But since everything is going Unicode, I figure it

    would be to
    > my advantage to re-name them or convert them to Unicode

    standard.

    > 10,000 files......is there a program out there to do this

    for me???

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Arthur
    >
    > PS: I am not a C or Java programmer, so this is probably

    something I
    > need a pre-written app to do for me......

    You couldn't be in a wronger place. Try the likes of
    www.download.com, searching for something like "filename
    Unicode".

    -JKop
    JKop, Sep 4, 2004