Converting Non-Unicode Characters

Arthur

Howdy All,

Here is my problem: I have over 10,000 files that have file names in
Korean. When running Windows 98, and then Windows 2000 these file
names appeared in Korean with no problems when I used this software
NJSTAR.

Fast forward: I am now running Windows XP and none of the file names
appear properly, even if I use NJSTAR and/or all the built in XP
Unicode utilities and such.

So, obviously these file names are not Unicode. Who knows what they
are. But since everything is going Unicode, I figure it would be to
my advantage to re-name them or convert them to Unicode standard.

10,000 files......is there a program out there to do this for me???

Thanks,

Arthur

PS: I am not a C or Java programmer, so this is probably something I
need a pre-written app to do for me......

JKop

Arthur posted:
[...]

You couldn't be in a wronger place. Try the likes of
www.download.com, searching for something like "filename
Unicode".

-JKop