Converting OAI and Atom feeds into RSS

Sachin Garg

I need ready to use code (perl/php) which can convert an Atom or OAI
feed into RSS feed.

I run The Data Compression News Blog at http://www.c10n.info as a
hobby.

I feel that it will be very helpful for all us researchers in data
compression domain if I add updates from other relevent news sources to
The Data Compression News Blog's home page.

Besides a few others, I am planning to add summarized comp.compression
activity and relevent citeseer activity to homepage but they use Atom
(google-groups) and OAI (citeseer) feeds repectively. I have found a
PHP script which can embed RSS feed into my php pages. So I now need to
convert those ATOM/OAI feeds into RSS first.

I tried searching around and found a an atom to rss scripts but
unfortunately it doesnt works. There are sites which provided atom to
rss conversion service, but unfortunatly added there banner to output
or charged money. I would rather run the script myself at my server. I
couldnt find any scripts for OAI conversion.

If you can point me to some helpful resource, it will be great. Thanks.

Sachin Garg [India]
http://www.sachingarg.com