Converting page to CSS - display problem in IE6

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Larry Webb, Mar 20, 2006.

  1. Larry Webb

    Larry Webb Guest

    Larry Webb, Mar 20, 2006

  2. Larry Webb wrote:
    > I'm trying to convert an old site to CSS and the P7 menu system. I've
    > made some progress but the main body of the page
    >
    > will not display 100% in IE6. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Old page - displays fine:
    > http://www.ebasketballcamps.com
    >
    > New page with display problem in IE6:
    > http://www.ebasketballcamps.com/indextest.html

    Larry:

    Your first step is to strip all presentational attributes from your
    markup, clean slate

    From:
    bgcolor="ad0000">
    To:
    Or:

    But on review I do not see any tabular data there so the banner should
    be in a DIV

    links in a list:

    <ul class="navbar">
    <li>Link...

    And content in a paragraphs, in a content DIV maybe

    <h1>FUN-damental Basketball Camp</h1>
    offering one of the premier camps in ...

    Once that is done then style it with your CSS. BTW your substitute* your
    JavaScript for CSS for your flyout menus

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=CSS menus&btnG=Google Search
    CSS menus - Google Search

    *well at least for modern browsers there are JS work arounds for IE.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO