Converting to CSS. Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Wayfarer, Sep 25, 2003.

  1. Wayfarer

    Wayfarer Guest

    Wayfarer, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Wayfarer

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Wayfarer <>
    writing in news::

    > I'd like to convert my table layout website to CSS layout. Can anyone
    > tell me what I would need to do to do so? The URL is
    > http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/ and the current stylesheet (which is
    > probably over-complex 'cause I'm still learning) is at
    > http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/journeys.css.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Wayfarer

    You're really almost there. You're going to want to create two divs, one
    to hold the left hand side menu, and one to hold the content. Size and
    float:left the left div as needed.

    The stylesheet looks okay, too, and validates very nicely.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com

    Adrienne, Sep 25, 2003

  3. > I'd like to convert my table layout website to CSS layout. Can anyone
    > tell me what I would need to do to do so? The URL is
    > http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/ and the current stylesheet (which is
    > probably over-complex 'cause I'm still learning) is at
    > http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/journeys.css.

    I'm also new to this CSS stuff and wanted to convert my site to DIV's with
    no tables but keep the menu, Whilst I have a problem with part of the layout
    the menu I've cracked (with some help it has to be said). Take a look and
    you can even build your own and cut and paste the menu code!

    http://www.theleonardfamily.co.uk/cssmenu/menuintro.htm

    Chris Leonard, Sep 25, 2003
  4. =?iso-8859-1?Q?brucie?=, Sep 26, 2003
  5. Wayfarer

    Wayfarer Guest

    Wayfarer, Sep 26, 2003