    In IE, however, the output is less than equal.

    So what tricks can I apply to make IE display nearly the same as FF?

    BTW, happy new year all y'all.
    richard, Jan 1, 2008

  2. richard

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    richard <> wrote:

    > http://littleworldofours.com/1960e.html
    >
    > As before, it validates with a few warnings I'll clean up later.
    >
    > In FF it is presented nearly the way I expected.
    > In IE, however, the output is less than equal.
    >
    > So what tricks can I apply to make IE display nearly the same as FF?

    Looks about the same in both. Why do you want it to look this
    way? What way do you want it to look?

    O my... I feel so seedy today... your colours and layout are not
    helping... <g>

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jan 1, 2008

  3. richard wrote:
    > http://littleworldofours.com/1960e.html
    >
    > As before, it validates with a few warnings I'll clean up later.
    >
    > In FF it is presented nearly the way I expected.
    > In IE, however, the output is less than equal.
    >
    > So what tricks can I apply to make IE display nearly the same as FF?

    You do know that to use CSS does *not* mean *never* use tables. One
    could argue that your page contains tabular data that would best be
    served in a table.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 1, 2008
  4. richard

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 11:43:22 -0500, "Jonathan N. Little"
    <> wrote:

    >richard wrote:
    >> http://littleworldofours.com/1960e.html
    >>
    >> As before, it validates with a few warnings I'll clean up later.
    >>
    >> In FF it is presented nearly the way I expected.
    >> In IE, however, the output is less than equal.
    >>
    >> So what tricks can I apply to make IE display nearly the same as FF?
    >>

    >You do know that to use CSS does *not* mean *never* use tables. One
    >could argue that your page contains tabular data that would best be
    >served in a table.

    As I have been doing this project with the aid of "Liberty Basic", I
    mainly wanted to see which way was easier.
    With divisions, it is a lot easier to code. Specially where you see
    mutliple artists listed. I kind of like the look a bit better.

    "Liberty Basic" is a programming language based upon the "BASIC"
    language, but has a lot more options built into it and runs within
    windows.
    www.libertybasic.com
    richard, Jan 1, 2008
  5. richard

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 1 Jan, 16:43, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > You do know that to use CSS does *not* mean *never* use tables. One
    > could argue that your page contains tabular data that would best be
    > served in a table.

    Agreed. I'd strongly suggest <table> for this. The generator language
    should cope perfectly well with either approach. A bit of colspan, if
    you wish.

    Richard could also lose the <hr> elements in favour of using a border
    from CSS (top, bottom or both)

    Some padding (left and right) would improve readability too. It's hard
    to read text that runs right into a vertical border line.

    The double curly quote characters are also incorrectly represented by
    the numeric entities “ & ” They ought to be “ and
    ” instead.

    The reason for this is a little obscure. The "keyboard code" to enter
    them is indeed 147 or 148 decimal, and those are valid character
    references in the Windows 1252 codepage. This web page is even being
    served as Windows-1252 (Not something I'd do, but it's perfectly
    correct to do so). However the rule for numeric entities in HTML is
    that the numbers _always_ refer to the Unicode codepoint, no matter
    what the page's encoding. 147 & 148 aren't correct in Unicode, thus
    aren't correct in HTML.
    Andy Dingley, Jan 2, 2008