    to start with this?
    Thanks for any help,
    Louis
    ll, Nov 19, 2007

  2. ll

    Evertjan. Guest

    ll wrote on 19 nov 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I'm currently working with a 'classic ASP' intranet site which uses a
    > SQL server and am looking for possible ways to market it as an
    > application for certain medical fields. Where would be a good place
    > to start with this?

    You want to sell your internet site?

    That is not an ASP Q.

    Wrong NG.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Nov 19, 2007

  3. "ll" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I'm currently working with a 'classic ASP' intranet site which uses a
    > SQL server and am looking for possible ways to market it as an
    > application for certain medical fields. Where would be a good place
    > to start with this?

    Thats a tough question which is going to be geographically specific. I
    doubt this is a function of being an Intranet application it will be more a
    function of the medical problem it is solving.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET
    Anthony Jones, Nov 20, 2007
  4. ll

    ll Guest

    On Nov 20, 12:50 pm, "McKirahan" <> wrote:
    > "McKirahan" <> wrote in message

    > > "ll" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > > I'm currently working with a 'classic ASP' intranet site which uses a
    > > > SQL server and am looking for possible ways to market it as an
    > > > application for certain medical fields. Where would be a good place
    > > > to start with this?

    > > What are you wanting to do?
    > > a) Offer your application over the Internet?
    > > b) Offer your application as a standalone utility?
    > > c) Assistance with marketing your application?

    > Per your subject line "Converting Website to 'Moveable' Application":
    >
    > Do you want to "move" your application to a Web server on the Internet
    > that you control or to the intranet Web servers of your customers?
    >
    > Or do you want a fully portable application that doesn't require a Web
    > server? To do this approach you could convert the SQL Server database
    > to SQL Server Express (or MS-Access) and the ASP pages to an HTA.

    Many thanks - yes, the fully portable application is what I was
    getting at. Will look into these options.
    ll, Nov 21, 2007