    Is that possible. How?

    thanx

    ton

    ton, Feb 3, 2010

  2. On Feb 3, 10:27 pm, "ton" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > in VS2008 a new project type is born called ASP.NET Web application. From my
    > VS2005 development I had a website type project. This is still supported in
    > vs2008, but I would like to convert it to the new type.
    >
    > Is that possible. How?
    >
    > thanx
    >
    > ton

    Open it in VS.NET 2008, right click on Solution Explorer and Convert
    to Web Application

    Alexey Smirnov, Feb 3, 2010

  3. On Feb 3, 11:20 pm, Alexey Smirnov <> wrote:
    > On Feb 3, 10:27 pm, "ton" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > in VS2008 a new project type is born called ASP.NET Web application. From my
    > > VS2005 development I had a website type project. This is still supported in
    > > vs2008, but I would like to convert it to the new type.

    > > Is that possible. How?

    > > thanx

    > > ton

    > Open it in VS.NET 2008, right click on Solution Explorer and Convert
    > to Web Application

    Apparently, it existed in VS2005 too
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa730880(VS.80).aspx

    Here's more information on how to convert in VS2008
    http://weblogs.asp.net/meligy/archive/2008/08/03/converting-vs-2008-website-to-web-application.aspx

    Hope this helps

    Alexey Smirnov, Feb 3, 2010
  4. ton

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    ton wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > in VS2008 a new project type is born called ASP.NET Web application.
    > From my VS2005 development I had a website type project. This is still
    > supported in vs2008, but I would like to convert it to the new type.
    >
    > Is that possible. How?
    >
    > thanx
    >
    > ton

    If it were a Web file system project, you could easily convert it over
    to Web application project. VS would do it for you.

    Website project to ASP.NET Web application project? You might have to
    get out the copy/paste.

    Mr. Arnold, Feb 4, 2010