converting xml file to schema file problem

sharan

i am converting a xml file having namespaces in to schema file (.xsd)
for validation.

my xml file is
test.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:h="http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/"
xmlns:f="http://www.w3.org/TR/scxml/">
<h:table>
<h:tr>vegitables</h:tr>
<h:td>Apples</h:td>
</h:table>

<f:table>
<f:name>African Coffee Table</f:name>
<f:data>hari</f:data>
<f:length>oum</f:length>
</f:table>
</root>

I converted this xml file in to schema file.
test.xsd
xmlns:h="http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/"
xmlns:j="http://www.w3.org/TR/scxml/">
<xs:element name="root">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>

<xs:element name="h:table">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="h:tr" type="xs:string"/>
<xs:element name="h:td" type="xs:string"/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

<xs:element name="f:table">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="f:name" type="xs:string"/>
<xs:element name="f:data" type="xs:string"/>
<xs:element name="f:length" type="xs:string"/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

</xs:schema>
when i am validating this schema file
it is showing eroors in OUTPUT
temp1.xsd:9: element element: Schemas parser error : Element '{http://
www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}element', attribute 'name': 'h:table' is not
a valid value of the atomic type 'xs:NCName'.

temp1.xsd:18: element element: Schemas parser error : Element '{http://
www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}element', attribute 'name': 'f:table' is not
a valid value of the atomic type 'xs:NCName'.

temp.xml:4: element root: Schemas validity error : Element 'root': No
matching global declaration available for the validation root.
temp.xml fails to validate

I want to know that while converting above xml file to schema file, is
there
any problem or errer in converted schema file.
And i also want to know, that, why these error are coming and how to
overcome
these.

note: for validation we can use testSchema.c. which is in libxml2 api.

Thanks in advance

harry

[...]

Sorry by mistake it is showing different encoding in both file.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

But i am using same encoding in both file, like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Martin Honnen

sharan said:
i am converting a xml file having namespaces in to schema file (.xsd)
for validation.

my xml file is
test.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:h="http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/"
xmlns:f="http://www.w3.org/TR/scxml/">
<h:table>
<h:tr>vegitables</h:tr>
<h:td>Apples</h:td>
</h:table>

<f:table>
<f:name>African Coffee Table</f:name>
<f:data>hari</f:data>
<f:length>oum</f:length>
</f:table>
</root>

You will need three schemas, one for each namespace used (i.e. no
namespace for the root element and two different namespaces for the
other elements). Then the schema for the root element needs to import
the other two schemas and reference the type or element definitions in
those schemas.