> converts into "&gt" while generating XML

imonline

Hi,
I am generating XML and setting it into the string field. Which will be
again generated into xml. Now the last xml which has xml in string
field converts > into "&gt" for the xml which is set into string field.

Can you please let me know what am I doing wrong.

Thanks,
Nis

imonline

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the reply. I have not applied any encoding.

Please let know if I am doing anything wrong.

Thanks,
Nis

Anthony Jones

imonline said:
Hi,
I am generating XML and setting it into the string field. Which will be
again generated into xml. Now the last xml which has xml in string
field converts > into "&gt" for the xml which is set into string field.

Can you please let me know what am I doing wrong.

Sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to. If you take a string and
place it in an XML DOM if will be encoded such that any < & etc characters
do not get treated as XML mark up.

If it is your intention to merge the first XML with the second then you
should not be assigning it as a string. Rather you should be importing the
document element of the first XML as node under a node in the second XML.