cookie domain question

Matt Garrish

mike said:
I have started trying to implement Matts cookie routine:
http://www.scriptarchive.com/readme/cookielib.html

Yikes, not only did you not write the code, but your asking for help with
Crap's Archive code. I expect you'll get some very unhelpful responses. The
first piece of advice I'll give you is to use the nms scripts instead
(http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/scripts.shtml). They're a vast improvement
over what Matt Wright wrote. The second is that this group is not for
configuration issues with third-party code. If you have a problem you should
ask the author.

Matt

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

mike said:
I have started trying to implement Matts cookie routine:
http://www.scriptarchive.com/readme/cookielib.html

I am having a problem with the domain.

i set the domain with "www.mysite.com" using some program like:
www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/ckaccess.cgi

so if I am at
www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/dothis.cgi
or
www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/dothat.cgi
then it seems to see the cookie.

If I am at www.mysite.com then is does not.

That's probably because you didn't specify the path parameter, resulting
in the path being set to the URL path of the directory where the script
is located. How you specify the path is probably covered in the docs for
the tool you are trying to use.

A good place to learn about cookies: http://www.cookiecentral.com/

As regards more recent Perl tools for cookie handling, you may want to
check out the modules CGI.pm and HTTP::Cookies.